Makeup! I've never been a makeup person, I'm more of a get-up-and-go-go with lipstick and penciled-in brows. Truly, you can get away with many things once your brows are filled in and your lips are colored or moisturized. Now, foundation, concealer, pink-chewy sponges, all the 900 types of brushes, luxury powder, contour sets...... those are another ball game entirely. However in 2016, I promised myself to try something new. Something excruciatingly, painfully new! Plus Ike, PGI's November girl kind of kicked me out of my comfort zone.
Hence, I began my makeup journey, watched a bunch of YouTube videos, insta-stalked some Makeup Artists (MUAs) and here I am, still learning, painting and mispainting. I won't stop till my good is better and my better, best! Anyway, here are 13 things I've learnt on this Makeup journey:
1. It's a thin line between being on fleek and transforming yourself into an extra-terrestrial look-alike
2. My teeth = lipstick Magnet (here's how to fix that!)
3. The pink, chewy, squishy thing (Beauty blender) is not edible and costs more than a tube of lipstick
4. Sephora is pretty cool
5. Makeup is an investment and with the exchange rate all crazy, must be strategically used to maximize utilization (she must not waste lol)
6. I am beautiful with/or without makeup
7. MUA's, a couple of salutes and new respect! Let's be friends.
8. Apple cider vinegar is the new water! You can use it as a toner, as a weight loss beverage, as a cleaning agent, for your hair, to treat constipation, to solve the Bermuda Triangle mystery.......
9. Sometimes, "moisturize and go", not every time "foundation and cake"
10. My lips get crazy when I wear mascara, they bend into this unnatural shape for some reason (photo 2 below) Does this happen to anyone else?!
11. Making up is actually a great opportunity for "Me-Time". I just turn on my favorite Spotify playlist and sing with my powder brush (which explains photo 1 below). Then I drop the mic....the brush.....the mic-brush 🎤
12. My eye bags need to go (Here's how to get rid of bags, I'm trying ALL of them!)
13. Along with Apple Cider Vinegar, honey and lemon seem to be the solution to the problems of the world
Stuff I haven't tried : False Lashes, contouring, brow waxing, contouring my collar bone (I did not know that was even a thing!)
Do you wear makeup? How's your journey? What discoveries have you made?